Sunday, October 25, 2020

KALEIDOSCOPE: Career

The last time I was very invested in this blog was when I shared about my teaching journey. Once I quit, I rarely came back and wrote things. I guess life has been better and brighter and I also found friends I could rely on and share everything with, who are just like this blog.
I'm determined to share more from now on, but just for reference, I would like to share what have been going on since I quit teaching.

2014-2017: I made the biggest decision in my 20s. I quit a career I thought I would have spent my whole life dedicated to it. I joined a Public Relations company. This led to many changes in my life. I started working on monitoring news media for certain clients, then got the chance to work on media relations-related activity, without realising I was involved in a communication training program for various clients, then I started working on some report writing project while managing some communications-related events. I learned a lot thanks to my persistent and resilient self (not gonna give the credits to anyone else because I gave my blood sweat and tears during these times). Here I also found out that I mostly enjoyed working with donors, non-profit organisation, and for social cause. Corporate stuffs are just not my thing. I could work on the sector, but definitely not the happiest times for me. I also discovered my passion for report writing.

2017-2018: God is good. in one of the training I facilitated, I met an expert who ended up offering me a good start in non-profit international organisation world. I took the risk and the offer, despite the lower salary and benefit. It was a good struggle because these times made me realise that never once Allah leaves me, so I will trust Him and never put my fate in the hands of anyone. I received many side-jobs as a consultant for some other projects and for report writing which made me able to make ends meet.

2019:  I spent most of this year jumping from one project to another, it was fun and rewarding. I have a lot of time to spend with my cousin's family (particularly my nephews) I was living with during the day, and spent the evening working. I think I mastered parenting in almost 3 years I spent with them :D

2019-2020: I won a lottery! I was suddenly offered a job in Papua. This eye-opening opportunity is something I will always be grateful for.

During these years, I occasionally traveled, I even solo-traveled for the first time in my life (this worth one post). I joined some volunteering activities, mostly for child-related causes. I learned and let go. I won some and lose some. I just wish I had made time to stop by to write things up because it's bittersweet to read all the stories again one day.


No comments: