Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fan Girl Moment

Yay! I was so happy to see @thekooksmusic tweeted that they were writing songs these days. I'm a fan of The Kooks since "naive" which I thought was Lily Allen's original song, back then I was so keen on her version that I walked around youtube to see her live, later I found out that she was just doing a cover for The Kooks'. Since then I've officially fallen in love with their music, the guitar sound (as usual) plus the English accent vocal of Luke Pritchard. 
When I like a musician, I'm going to go through several long sleepless night to find about them in the internet especially Youtube, thanks to super speedy internet connection in my room. Same case happens for The Kooks, I was so curious that I watched all of their interview in Youtube, but unfortunately, they're all Potterish British, I felt like I was watching some Weasleys. To be honest, I didn't really understand things they said that time. A bit frustrated  I trained my self by listening to their interview and songs constantly until now. Well, when we're used to something, we're getting better at it. I wasn't used to understanding English men talking, but now I'm used to listening to it. When I find their newest interview, I'll understand them better. This is good for me to enlarge the exposure of my English as well.
The Kooks released their latest album last year, "Junk of The Heart", I love all the songs there. Number one song from that album, for me, is "junk of the heart (happy)", a song that makes me wiggle :D
I asked a friend to listen to their songs, but my friend seemed quite disturbed by Luke's vocal. Well, I don't know, perhaps, it is me who's got worse sense at choosing good vocal because I like 'Our Lady Peace' vocalist, that is said to have weird vocal too. Honestly at first, I didn't enjoy Luke's vocal, but I've grown to be fond of it. 
ah! if I were a guitar master, I would definitely play all of their songs. In fact, I've been stuck only as a listener, never a musician :p 
Let me post a song from The Kooks to celebrate the occasion of them making new songs, haha ;)
old days.. (She Moves in Her own Way)
these days (Is It Me)

No comments: